Creating a content calendar for your Facebook or Instagram page is a great way to post consistently to your feed, but sometimes it's hard to find the time to jump on and post every single day. Lining up your posts ahead of time is a good way to bank some content so you can do other things while you know your feed is still generating content.
You can schedule your posts either in the Meta platform itself, or through a heap of different third-party services.
Here's how to schedule a post on your Facebook or Instagram page, on desktop, and then mobile.
1. Open up your Business Suite at business.facebook.com and select the planner icon in the left sidebar menu.
2. Once on the "Planner" screen, there is a blue "Create" button at the top right of the page:
3. After clicking on "Create", you enter a screen where you can select where to post (Facebook or Instagram), what photos and videos to use, what text to use and then when to schedule this post for.
4. Down under the "Schedule" section, you will be able to choose your date and time for each post.
5. Schedule it, and you will be taken back to the Planner page, and will see that there is now a post scheduled for whatever date you selected.
That's it! You can click in there to see your scheduled posts and edit them if required, otherwise just let Facebook do it's thing and your posts will go up as if you were posting yourself!
Mobile is basically the same, albeit a few more screens to navigate. Here's how you do it.
Make sure you are using the Facebook Page App, rather than just posting from your personal FB. Download here if you don't have already. Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.facebook.pages.app&hl=en_AU Apple: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/facebook-pages-manager/id514643583
1. Open the Facebook app and navigate to your business page.Hit the little blue + at the bottom of the screen.
2. Start writing your post, add photos, videos and links if required. Then hit "Next".
3. You will now come to the screen below. Notice how on the "Scheduling options" button it also says "Publish Now". This is what we want to change so tap this button.
4. This opens the calendar selection. Add your date and time here for publishing and hit the grey button with the date on it.
5. Now when you get taken back to the previous page, you will notice that "Publish now" has changed to the date you selected. Tap "Post.
6. You are done!